Hanson’s Colourcrete range of coloured concretes can add a whole new dimension to your project. It can be used wherever conventional concrete is specified and can be colour-matched to blend with the surrounding area or help your project stand out from the crowd. The Colourcrete range of high quality ready-mixed concretes is available nationally in a range of standard colours – or we can produce a bespoke mix to your exact requirements. Coloured concrete provides a permanent, cost-effective alternative to decorative surface coatings and brings colour and texture to a wide range of structures – from footpaths, flooring and facades to skate parks, shopping centres and sea defences.
- Architectural design – create a feature or tone with the surroundings
- Public buildings – e.g. museums, showrooms, schools, airports, etc
- Walkways and cycle paths – brighter colours for safer pedestrians and cyclists
- Tramways – differentiate between road and tramway
- Parking – delineate parking bays
- Leisure – use in skate parks and sports centres
- Sea defences – complement coastal areas
- Industrial flooring – demarcation for safer working
- Domestic – for driveways, patios and domestic use
- Enhanced design flexibility – decorative and textured finishing techniques and effects
- Colour consistency – throughout each batch and from batch to batch
- Fade resistance – to sun and weather
- Durable – long lasting with little or no maintenance
- Wide range of colours available – extensive standard range with bespoke options available
- SRI (Solar Reflectivity Index) – many colours help to reduce the carbon footprint by allowing for reduced lighting requirements
- Availability – nationwide supply
Alternatively you can visit our Colourcrete showroom located in the Building Centre, Store St, London.
Featured project: Avon Barriers
200 two-tonne interlocking blocks have been used to great effect to create new fish ladders for the Rivers and Fisheries Trust of Scotland, which have resulted in around 200 kilometres of river being opened up to spawning fish. Read more
Hanson Desert Tan
Hanson concrete can incorporate a proportion of Hanson Regen, (Ground Granulated Blast furnace Slag or 'GGBS'), which is a cement replacement material, helping to produce a product that generates a much lower level of CO2 emissions than ordinary cement.