A bespoke concrete solution used in secant piling
Hanson EasyPile® SP is a bespoke concrete solution used in secant piling for constructing retaining walls using interlocked bored piles. Secant piled walls are predominately constructed so that the primary piles contain lower strength concrete than the concrete in the secondary piles. Walls are installed as hard/firm or hard/soft depending upon the specified requirements for the secant wall.
EasyPile® SP has two mix designs to help the contractor construct the required secant wall.
Firm pile concrete
‘Firm’ primary pile concrete is a lower strength concrete that fills the gap between the ‘hard’ secondary piles. The concrete mix is designed to be soft enough to allow the secondary pile to be cut into the adjacent piles.
Hard pile concrete
‘Hard’ secondary pile concrete is a reinforced concrete mix that is installed in between the ‘soft or firm’ primary piles when forming a secant wall.
Benefits of using Hanson EasyPile® SP
- Improves internal cohesion of mix and prevents segregation
- Reduced occurrence of internal bleed channels
- Mixing water absorption into surrounding substrates is greatly reduced, in most cases totally eliminated, enabling workability levels to be maintained throughout construction
- High fines matrix to improve mix fluidity and reduce internal friction resulting in reduced wear on drill heads and lower drilling torques
- Reduced pumping pressure compared to conventional designs resulting in a reduced risk of ‘blow back’/line failure and reduced wear on placing equipment
- Design incorporates up to 95% cement replacement using Hanson Regen, leading to significantly lower levels of embodied CO2 and greater BREEAM credentials
- Design strength envelope for assessment of required strength at time of drilling/excavation
- Available nationally from all Hanson UK concrete plants
Hanson concrete can incorporate a proportion of Hanson Regen, (Ground Granulated Blast furnace Slag or 'GGBS'), which is a cement replacement material, helping to produce a product that generates a much lower level of CO2 emissions than ordinary cement.
For cash sales and new quotes please call: 0330 123 0690
For technical and sales advice or to obtain a quote please call:
Avon & Somerset:
Telephone: 0330 123 0819
South West & South Wales:
Telephone: 0330 123 0671
Telephone: 0330 123 0769
Telephone: 0330 123 9385
Telephone: 0330 123 0799
Telephone: 0330 123 0115
Telephone: 0330 123 0267
Telephone: 0330 123 9241
North West and North Wales:
Telephone: 0330 123 9214
Yorkshire, North East & Cumbria:
Telephone: 0330 123 0689