Internal flooring needs met
Hanson EasyGround® offers a highly durable and stable finish for all your internal flooring needs.
Where to use it
- Internal house floors
- Conservatory floors
- Shed floors
- Easily placed and reliable
- Can be used as a durable direct floor finish or as a substrate for a screed
- Excellent surface finish characteristics
- Complies with British and European Standards
- Impact resistance
A solid ground floor usually comprises a concrete slab laid on a sub-base. In most instances the thickness of the floor is 100mm to 150mm (4″ to 6″). A layer of polythene, also called a damp-proof membrane (DPM), is usually laid under the concrete slab. It must be continuous and connected to the damp-proof course.
Depending on the floor covering, the top surface of the concrete will need covering with a thin layer (screed) of sand mixed with cement to provide a perfectly level surface. As an alternative, we can supply a low workability concrete using 10mm aggregate.
- Chalk line
- Measuring tape
- Spirit level
Replacing a timber floor
- Remove all the old timbers and take the doors off the room.
- Fill in any holes in the walls left by the timbers.
- Demolish any dwarf walls which may have been used to support floor joists.v
- Put a chalk line around the walls to mark the finished floor level, allowing for the thickness of screed and floor coverings if necessary.
Laying your sub-base
- Lay the material to within 25mm (1″) of the required depth. If the total depth is greater than 200mm (8″), work in layers, compacting each one thoroughly.
- Cover the surface with a layer of sand rolled flat. This prevents the polythene DPM from being punctured.
For cash sales and new quotes please call: 0330 123 0690
For technical and sales advice or to obtain a quote please call:
Avon & Somerset:
Telephone: 0330 123 0819
South West & South Wales:
Telephone: 0330 123 0671
Telephone: 0330 123 0769
Telephone: 0330 123 9385
Telephone: 0330 123 0799
Telephone: 0330 123 0115
Telephone: 0330 123 0267
Telephone: 0330 123 9241
North West and North Wales:
Telephone: 0330 123 9214
Yorkshire, North East & Cumbria:
Telephone: 0330 123 0689