An innovative waterproofing system that will simplify your way of working. SikaProof®-A is a pre-applied sheet membrane waterproofing system consisting of an embossed, highly flexible polyolefin membrane, with a special grid pattern of sealant and a specially designed non-woven fleece.
This unique system produces a durable mechanical bond, which is created when the fleece is completely bonded to the fresh concrete. In addition, the sealant prevents any lateral water underflow and migration between the SikaProof®-A membrane system and the structural concrete.
Sika® Grid Seal Technology is at the core of SikaProof®-A. It consists of a special sealant that is factory applied in a grid pattern, which creates ‘mini watertight compartments’. This sealant grid seals and blocks any lateral water underflow, even in the event of any local damage to the membrane.
The sealant grid itself is also protected by the specially designed fleece that is laminated into the grid sealant.
Where to use it
SikaProof® can be used to waterproof all types of reinforced concrete basements and other below ground structures. Typical projects are:
- Residential and industrial buildings such as housing, commercial and leisure facilities
- Engineered structures such as retaining walls and tunnel shafts
- Complies with BS 8102:2009 type A waterproofing construction
- Sika® Grid Seal Technology
- High durability
- No lateral water underflow
- High flexibility and crack bridging ability
- Cost-effective solution
- Approved detailings
- Effective radon and methane barrier
- Quality backed by Sika® warranty and a BBA certificate