Chief executive officer
Daniel graduated from Murdoch University in Perth with a double major in commerce and economics. He spent his early career in construction material technology with Main Roads before joining Hanson in 1993 where he has held a variety of senior operational and executive roles, his most recent as regional general manager for Northern Australia. He was appointed to his current role in January 2016.
Daniel has held numerous industry leadership roles in Australia including branch chair of the Institute of Quarrying. From 2009 to 2015 he was chair of the Queensland branch of the Cement Concrete and Aggregates Association of Australia, a national industry body representing construction materials.
Carsten joined HeidelbergCement in 2007 as assistant to the Group Chief Financial Officer before becoming treasury manager. In October 2010 he was appointed head of planning and controlling in the Group reporting, controlling and consolidation (RCC) department, becoming director of Group RCC in 2012. Carsten played a major part in the disposal of the buildings products businesses in the UK and US in 2015, and the recent acquisition of Italcementi.
Business line managing directors
- Cement - Jim Claydon
- Concrete - Brian Charleton
- Aggregates - Phil Redmond
- Asphalt and contracting - James Whitelaw
- Supply chain – Matthew Barlow
- IT director - James Weelen
- HR director - Clare Mayo
- Purchasing director - Jas Suman
- Head of land and mineral resources – Paul Williams
- Head of sustainability and marketing - Paul Lacey
- Legal director - Ed Gretton
- Head of PR and communications - David Weeks
Click the pins for more information