Keeping the lights on for future UK generations means an increasing reliance on low carbon power generation and renewable technologies.
Alongside planned new nuclear power stations, our economy is expected to draw more of its electricity from renewable fuel sources, including wind, wave, hydro, biomass and solar.
Renewables currently produce seven per cent of our electricity and EU targets mean that this is likely to grow to 30 per cent by 2020.
Our products, materials and expertise are already well-established in the renewables industry through our involvement with many wind farm, biomass and waste-to-energy projects.
We also have a long history of supplying materials for the nuclear industry and are now involved in the project to build the UK’s first new nuclear power station in a generation, Hinkley Point C.
And while natural gas is not a renewable resource, it’s the cleanest of the fossil fuels and we have considerable experience of supplying contracts for its plants, pipelines and storage facilities.
Why work with us?
- Wealth of experience in delivering projects in the energy sector
- Full assistance throughout the tendering process
- A bespoke solution can be created to meet your needs
- The highest commitment to health, safety, environment and quality
- The UK’s leading provider of concrete, cement, aggregates and asphalt