Highways construction works
Hanson Contracting has extensive experience of highways construction works, operating throughout the UK, specialising in:
- Highways England and Welsh Government major maintenance, new build and term maintenance contracts
- Local Authority maintenance contracts
- Road surfacing and major maintenance contracts – commercial and industrial
- Civil airfield maintenance work
The company holds nationally recognised accreditations as detailed below and puts the health and welfare of our employees as its number one priority, this is testament to the safe systems of work we have in place and is supported by receiving a RoSPA Order of Distinction (Gold) award for 23 consecutive years.
We ensure that we remain at the forefront of modern surfacing technology, working in partnership with our clients and customers to provide sustainable solutions using BS11000 Collaborative Working principles
We own and operate our own fleet of paving machines and ancillary plant, ensuring the highest standards in welfare and safety for our workforce, the public, our clients/customers and supply chain.
Hanson was the first national surfacing contractor to achieve the BS 11000 standard for Collaborative Business Relationships. This prestigious international award acknowledges organisation’s initiatives to create sustainable relationships, company competitiveness and enhanced performance. It also recognises the importance of getting the best out of business relationships by sharing resources and opportunities.
The agreed scope of the Hanson Contracting assessment is –
“Collaborative business relationship associated with the project management of road and other construction related projects of government and commercial organisations in the defence, local government and infrastructure industries
Wherever possible we recycle all our planings back into asphalt mixes and operate Site waste management plans on every site.
Benefits of working with Hanson:
- National coverage
- BS11000 certified
- PAS 99 accredited
- ROSPA – gold award for 23 Consecutive years
- Fleet of paver and ancillary plant
- Internal asphalt supplies
- Exceptional health and safety record
A unique bespoke partnership contract valued at £10-15 million per annum responsible for delivering all highway maintenance and construction projects in Dorset.
Click the pins for more information
- National Highway Sector Scheme 16
- PAS 99 Integrated Management System (IMS)
- ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System
- ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management System
- OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational Health and Safety
- BES 6001 Responsible sourcing of materials
- BS11000 certified
- BS EN ISO 9001:2008 accredited
- Highways England
- Dorset Highways – Strategic Highways Partnership
- Autolink A19 Concessionaires
- Cumbia County Council
- Knowsley Metropolitan Council
- EM Highways
- Bam Nuttall / Morgan Sindall JV
- Swansea County Council
- Cardiff County Council