Canary Wharf Box
Hanson UK is already involved in the development of the new Crossrail station at Canary Wharf.
Concrete mix design:
- Low heat and low carbon (ie CO2) concrete.
- High usage of Regen (GGBS) (ie 70% replacement in piling).
- Low permeability and watertight concrete.
- Practical concrete for DC-4 (one of the highest) Aggressive Ground Conditions.
- 70% of raw materials river-fed.
- Sizeable reduction in lorry movements.
- Further reduction in carbon footprint.
- Split shift to meet service/building requirements of LOR.
- Association with Canary Wharf over 10 years through high rise development.
- Maximised the use of quality and sustainable materials such as Regen (GGBS), which is described as ‘excellent’ within the current BRE Special Digest 1 for use within Aggressive Ground Conditions.